The High Range School is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and English is the medium of instruction. Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil are also taught. In addition to the normal curriculum, the school provides extra-curricular activities such as Sports & Games, Work Experience, Art, Music, Dance, Scouting, Trekking, Karate, and various Cultural and Literary Activities aimed at improving the all-round personality of students.
- The overall student/teacher ratio is 16:1 and the average strength of a class is around 40 students.
- None of the classes are divided into sections with the result individual attention is given to students.
- The school follows a 5-day week pattern with special classes organised during the weekends for students of 11th and 12th.
- A day is split into 10 lessons with a duration of 35 mins each.
- Each class has a Class Teacher and an Asst. Class Teacher.
- The school organizes field trips and excursions for various classes.
- Occasionally, teachers conduct sessions outside the classrooms within the school campus.
- Students participate in Student Exchange Programmes such as the Vidyodaya camp at Kochi.
- Students also participate in Inter-school competitions and symposiums.
- Yoga, Karate, Kalaripayattu, Vocal & Instrumental music, scouts and guides and Art are subjects that are part of Work Experience.
- Fully sponsored Entrance Coaching(Crash Course) classes for the Science Stream students